Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun Weekend

Tonya and I had a pretty eventful weekend this past week while visiting family in Michigan.
To start things off, we went to a private Lollapalooza party at the Angels and Kings bar downtown to listen to DJ Momjeans aka Danny Masterson. The bar is owned by the Fallout Boy's lead singer, Pete Wentz. It was pretty cool hanging out enjoying free drinks and a free show. Luckily I had the next day off becuase I had a pretty rough time getting Tonya to leave. We ended up not getting home until about 2 a.m. I can't complain though, because I had a great time hanging out with friends and making some new ones.

After finally dragging ourselves out of bed we got on the road by ten and headed to visit my family in Jackson. It was nice to get to town early Friday afternoon because it gave Tonya and me time to play with our neice and nephews. The real fun began around 1:30 a.m. though. I had just taken our dog, Zoey, outside for the night and after coming back in and just getting into bed we noticed she was about to throw up. As we tried to clean it up she began to vomit again. After the second episode of vomit we noticed her lips looked a little weird and upon closer inspection we saw that her lips were swelling and red. Being the dog parents we are, we started to call for the nearest vet that would be open. After a couple calls we found it, 45 minutes away in Ann Arbor. So with the directions and phone number, we got on the road. Tonya sat in the back with Zoey making sure to keep her comfortable while I drove as fast as possible without being to dangerous. Her breathing did seem to get a little labored for a little bit, but as we got closer to the vet she seemed to be getting back to normal except her face was still swollen. Once the vet saw her, she said it was probably an allergic reaction to a bug bite, and gave her a couple of shots. When they came back into the room she seemed to be in a good mood and couldn't wait to leave, but we had to sit there for about another half hour to make sure Zoey was done vomitting and that the shots had at least started to work. Finally we left the vet and headed back to my brother's house and got in about 4 am.

Luckily my brother, Nate, let us sleep in a bit by keeping our niece and nephew out of our room until later in the morning. That was much appreciated because those two can be exhausting on a good night sleep, let alone a few hours sleep. Once we got up and ready we did some more playing with the kids before heading to my grandparents house to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday. Some of Grandpa's family came from Flint to surprise him. We had a great time eating and visiting with family.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh man! I am glad puppy-kins is ok!!! I miss you guys immensely! I have been thinking lots about you! Love you!!!