Sunday, February 3, 2008

New week

Hey folks it's a new week.  I made it through my first week back to school and I am still excited about being back.  It's kind of nice at my school because they try to have small class sizes so it makes it easier to participate in class.  I am also enjoying work too.  It is a great job for me while in school because they are very laid back and if stuff comes up they are okay with me missing time.  Tonya is doing fabulously as well.  She doesn't really have anything to complain or talk about right now.  Tonya does want me to say that Zoey and Ana are doing well also.  
     
We got about 8 inches of snow on Thursday night and into Friday morning that really made the city slow down.  Tonya still had school even though 10 out of 24 kids didn't make it to class because of the weather.  I got up in the morning to head to class and took the 45 minute train downtown just to find out that my class was canceled.  The only good thing about this is that I didn't have to be to work until noon so I did some homework so I would have less to do for the weekend.  With the snow it's also made parking around our place even harder because they don't plow the parking lanes so they just push all the snow up against the cars so you pretty much get buried.  We've been lucky so far that we haven't gotten stuck like some people I have seen.  

Well have a good week all and if you have anything to say, say it loud.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally borrowed Cara's computer so I can look at your blog! I can't look at anything at work- it's so restricting! I'm so glad that you're doing well. living in the big city, working, school, streets caving in, running... it's all so exciting! We heard Tonya's been sick-so sorry to hear it!!!! hope you're ok!!! I'm going to read more of your blog and see if I can find details... We always seem to be a couple beats behind on news! We think of you all the time though, and love you to pieces! see you soon I hope!

Bob, Pat Harbottle said...

I like it! I finally got a chance to check out your blog. I really like your picture; got a copy for me? The poem is good too. I'm so glad you are liking Chicago and all that brought you. Love ya and miss ya! -- Yo Mama