Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Week

Well we made it, our first week back at school and both of us made it through the week.  Tonya had a very busy week with students, but said it went fast and was a lot of fun.  That is all the info she gave me, so I can't be more detailed than that about her week.  
I am really looking forward to the classes I have signed up for this semester.  After my first week I have found out I will be reading 5 novels and an assortment of other readings along with writing many journal entries and papers.  I am taking writing intensive courses, so I am sort of expected it, but it is still a little overwhelming.  Already for next week I have three different writing assignments that equal 15 pages of writing.  Now don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to it, it just seems like a lot to me right now.  
Our marathon training is going well.  We only have about 5 weeks left before the big day, so we are starting to log more and more miles.  We get to run 20 miles tomorrow, which will be a big test for the both of us.  Tonya is still being bothered by shin splints that are slowing her down a little, but she continues to push through the pain.  I have been running some of my best runs lately and hope it will continue through the marathon.  I recently ran my best time for 13 miles the other day and it really gave me the confidence boost I needed to feel like I was ready for the marathon.  I actually shaved 30 minutes off my time from when Tonya and I ran the half marathon.  Many of you may have received an email about the charity we are running for, Organization for Autism Research.  There are links to our fundraising pages on the right side of our blog.  If you've already donated...thank you.  We appreciate your generosity and every little bit helps us reach our goal.

No comments: