Monday, September 15, 2008

Milestones

Each week running is another milestone reached.  A week and a half ago I ran twenty miles in one run for the first time.  Talk about rough.  The crazy thing is I have to do again this weekend and I am looking forward to it.  Another thing that makes me feel like a runner now is the fact that I lost my first toenail from running.  I know it's gross, but you should have seen the nail before I had to pull it off.  Anyways, enough about the gross stuff.  We are only three and a half weeks away from the marathon and I am getting excited.  I want to thank everyone who has donated to our fundraising efforts, knowing we have people supporting us in our quest to run the marathon is the extra push we need to get through some of our training runs.  I know the updates have been lagging again, but my schedule is getting busier everyday with school and work and I don't feel like I have any free time to do some of the extra stuff I used to do.  Tonya has been just as busy also.  She spends many extra hours after school preparing for the next day and now she is starting a class this week to get her math endorsement.  So seeing each other, let alone friends and family, is going to be tough.  We will keep you posted on our next few weeks of training and let you all know how classes are going.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, you guys rock. I love people who have more discipline than me. Hope you guys haven't been affected by the floods and such.