Sunday, May 23, 2010

Birthday Fun!

Saturday morning, the birthday celebration began. Jeremy and I started with Starbucks on our way to get manicures and pedicures. It was a wonderfully relaxing way to start my birthday. We made a few stops after this, one of which was to my favorite bookstore. I bought two books that I have been wanting. After some midday relaxation, we got dressed and jumped in a cab to go downtown. We had dinner at a fabulous Japanese fusion restuarant, Niu. We started with cocktails and Garlic Butter Scallop Yaki, delicious. Jeremy ordered Pepper Salmon Roll and I had Mango Chicken. Mine was AMAZING. Jeremy's was okay by me but delicious according to him. He did make me try his wasabi sauce which made fire shoot up my nose and down my throat. Must say, not a fan! We shared an amazing chocolate cake dessert thing with ginger ice cream, also amazing. After dinner we walked next door to the movie theater to see the movie, Date Night. It was laugh out loud funny! Other than the cab driver's B.O. on the way home, it was a great day and a wonderful birthday. It was the perfect blend of fun and relaxing.

No comments: