Saturday, May 15, 2010

FUNdraising with FUN friends!

Last night, Jeremy and I attended a fundraiser for autism. Each year, the mother of a student I had last year, puts together a fundraiser. Her family does the Walk Now for Autism in support of her son. She puts together a super fun event at a local bowling alley. For $30 each we get to bowl, eat amazing food, and enjoy the bar for 3 and 1/2 hours. Several other teachers from my school also attend and we greatly enjoy each other's company. I also won a raffle this year! Which was very exciting, as I don't typically win things. I spent $20 for 10 raffle ticket and won "split the pot." For $20 I walked away with $200! It was a great event that raised lots of money for Andrew's Angels. I never doubted it. Every year, Mary is one of Autism Speaks top fundraisers.
As the event was ending at 10pm, Jeremy and I decided to continue the fun with Josh, Diane, Liz, and Bobby. We headed over to O'Donovan's to kill an hour with some vodka slushies and then headed to the Bluelight to see our other fabulous co-worker, Nadine. Late night on the weekends, she shakes a mean cocktail. We had a great time, raising money and spending time with good friends!

No comments: